BaseApp Framework is aimed at individual commercial developers or small web application builders who need a starting point.Also if you are a CakePHP User you will find yourself at home with the API. BaseApp was inspired by CakePHP And Codeigniter but tries to do everything under 50 kb.
It has support for most common features available in frameworks these days but achieves all this in under 50 Kb of compressed Code and not MBs of it.
Some Non Technical Feature
- Really really LightWeight( < 50 Kb compressed , around 100 k uncompressed)
- Really really Fast ( cause its Damn Small )
- Almost 0 Configuration
- Short Learning Curve
- Easy to extend
- Nonrestrictive MIT License
Some Technical Features
- PHP 5 with support for new features like autoloading etc
- Fully MVC ( But can be used as a library also )
- CakePHP API ( 80 % ) and Layout
- Active Records and Object Relation Ship Mapping (ORM)
- Model Validation with complementing form helpers
- Data Abstraction Layer with Adodb Support ( Almost all databases supported )
- Extensive Debugging and Exception Handling facilities ( FireBug Support Built in )
- Extendable Cookie and Session Handling
- Search engine friendly and url routing features.
- Ajax Support through Jquery.
You can checkout the project on Google Code .